Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cee Lo Green



Cee Lo Green was the subject of this past week's caricature challenge. He's 1/2 of Gnarls Barkley, an R&B/Pop group, is maybe the best way to describe them.
I was intrigued by some of the photos I found. they do parodies of movies with their costumes, for photo shoots but also during performances. I don't know if that's normal for them or a result of an album entitled 'the Odd Couple'. Regardless i found them to be a lot of fun to draw and my mind went crazy with the endless possibilities of what parody i could capture them in. My initial brainstorming of this idea turned out about 15 different options. I sketched a couple but settled on an old school star trek them.




This one is an alternate version where i gave cee lo some Kirk hair. I really did get a kick out of looking at these guys. You should search google images for Gnarls Barkley.

No comments: