Friday, February 23, 2007

My Links

I wanted to give some description of my links section.

My brother Jim is about the best brother I could ask for (other than my other brother John, who doesn't have his own website, but is equally as good). Jim is a youth pastor in Newton, KS where he helps other people deal with their problems, but he does it in a very gracious and caring way. I don't think I could do what he does on a daily basis.

Matt Conner is the pastor of our local church, the Mercy House, and a great friend. We hang out with him and his wife Lindsay all the time. He's been a big encouragement of me and my pursuit of art. He's also a terrific writer.

Jason Seiler is avery talented painter/illustrator. I don't remember how I stumbled on to his blog site, but I'm glad I did. His caricatures are amazing to say the least, and I aspire to achieve his level of talent and skill someday.

Thomas Fluharty I would put Tom in the same category as Jason Seiler, in terms of ability in talent, but what stands out most in his blogs is his unwavering, 100% commitment to Christ and making him known to everyone that will listen. It's truly inspiring and challenging to my daily walk as a believer.

Red Nose Studio is weird and querky, but it works. Chris Sickels forms these odd little characters in Sculpey, creates a scene, and takes photographs of them to be used as illustrations. You should definitely check it out.

Illustration Friday is a forum for people to post illustrations of each week's topic, which starts and ends on, you guessed it Friday. I haven't yet posted anything on this site yet, but plan to in the future.

No comments: